If you ever forget your Linksys router Login ID and password,and you don’t know how to reset username or password there’s a simple way to recover it. Best way of resetting the Linksys router is to reset your Linksys router. But if you remember the old password and simply want to update the password to a new one then it’s even easier. All you need to do is, login to Linksys router admin panel using the old password and reset the password.
Here’s How to Linksys Reset username or password:
There’s two ways to reset your Linksys router –
Reset using Reset Button
There is a Reset button on your Linksys router for this process. You can manually reset your Linksys router. Following are the steps:
- Find a button labeled as Reset on the back of your Linksys router.
- Find a pin or something to reach and long press the reset button.
- Make sure to hold the reset button for a few seconds after pressing it.
- Now go ahead and Let the reset happen.
- Once reset is completed all the previous settings of your Linksys router will be lost. The Linksys router will reset to its default factory settings. So if you forgot the previous password, it will be lost too. This means you can now login to your Linksys router using default login and password.
Reset through Linksys web-based Utility
If you did not forget the login password but simply want to reset it for security reason or to automatically update the firmware of your router then you should follow these steps:
- Launch a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Use the Linksys default IP Address 192.168.1.1 for Login.
- Now use the existing username and Password of Linksys router and continue to Login.
- After you have successfully managed to log in, go to router settings.
- Click on Troubleshooting > Diagnostics > Factory Reset.
- A prompt will ask you for confirmation, click yes.
- The reset process will start and your router may restart a few times.
After the reset is done you can Login to the router using your default login credentials for reconfiguration. This reset will disconnect all the devices previously connected to your Linksys wireless network.
Linksys Reset username and Password of Linksys Router
It is easy to reset the username and password after a reset. If there are any technical glitches, a hard reset will eliminate them. Your Linksys router will automatically check for any available router firmware updates and install them during the reset process.
The steps to change Linksys router username and password are as follows:
- Open a web browser and use the default IP Address 192.168.1.1 to log in.
- When the login prompt appears on your screen, you should fill in the username as the default username ‘admin’. Use ‘admin’ as the default password for login.
- Next. After login, you have full access to admin panel settings. Look at the Administration settings on the admin panel.
- Under the Management section, you should be able to see Wireless settings. Here you can access all the settings related to the wireless network of your Linksys Router.
- Look at the SSID Network setting. Change the username for your Linksys router in the Relevant Field.
- Next, you need to select an authentication method for your wireless network. Choose the recommended setting for this. You can skip this step if they are already set as recommended.
- Next, you will be able to see the Password Tab. Here you need to enter a new password for your Linksys wireless network. Remember the password should not be the same as your Linksys username as it is vulnerable to unauthorized third-party access.
- Set a unique password for your Linksys wireless network security. Alpha-numeric passwords are considered to be more strong and secure as your wireless network password.
- In the next tab, confirm the new Linksys wireless network password and click save.
- Make changes to other configuration settings and don’t forget to click save settings at the end.
- After successfully configuring your Linksys router’s wireless settings, we recommend resetting your Linksys device once.
- After the reboot, you can connect your wireless devices to your Linksys wireless network using the new password you have set.
If you face any difficulty during this whole process or need assistance, feel free to call us on our helpline number 000-000-0000 for support.