Linksys Wired or Wireless Range Extender | Linksys Router Login
A Linksys Range extender can be easily Set up if you follow the process properly. There are two different ways to login to Linksys extender login Like every other extender setup, you can setup through either a wired connection and if you are using a wireless device then you can set up through a Wireless Connection.
Let’s start with the Linksys Wired Setup method First.
Linksys Extender Wired Login
For the Wired setup you need an ethernet cable to establish a wired connection between the extender, router and your Computer. Follow these steps for login:
- Start by plugging in the Linksys Range extender into a power outlet and power it on.
- Next you need to connect your Computer and the Linksys Range extender. For this you need an Ethernet Cable to create a secure connection between the two devices. Simply connect one side of the ethernet cable into the LAN port on Router and the other side to the Computer device. Make sure they are connected properly.
- Then, open any installed web browser in your computer. Use the default IP Address 192.168.1.1 to login to Linksys range extender setup page.
- A Login prompt should appear when you hit enter. Here you need to enter the default user ID and password to login and access Linksys admin setup page.
- You can find the default username and password of Linksys Range extender from the user manual that you got with the extender. The default username is usually ‘admin’ and default password is the ‘admin’ in most cases. After login you may change the login username and password if you want.
- Now click login and if you entered correct credentials then you will be redirected to the Main setup page for your Linksys extender login
Linksys Extender Wireless Login | Linksys Wifi Extender
For the Wireless login setup, you need a wireless device, such as your smartphone, a laptop or a Tablet to establish a wireless connection between the extender and your Device.
Follow these steps for login:
- First plug in the Linksys Range extender and turn the power button on.
- Next you need to connect your Computer to the Linksys Range extender Wireless Network. For this go to wireless manager of your wireless device and scan for the Linksys wireless network.
- When you see the Extender network, click on it and wait for it to connect.
- Once connected open a web browser in your connected wireless device. Use the default IP Address 192.168.1.1 to login to Linksys range extender setup page. If your IP Address was recently changed then you should enter the new IP address in the URL bar.
- A Login prompt will appear on the screen when you press the enter button. Now you should enter the default user ID and password to login to Linksys admin setup page.
- The default username and password of Linksys Range extender will be in the user manual of your wireless extender. The default username is usually ‘admin’ and default password is the same as ‘admin’ mostly. After login you can change the login username and password if you want.
- Click login to continue and if you entered correct ID and password then you will be redirected to the Main setup page for your Linksys extender.
Linksys Extender Setup Process | Linksys Router Login IP
- When you successfully log in to the Setup page, you will have the access to all the admin settings. Now continue on to the extender setup page. Find the Wireless Settings and click on configuration.
- Click on the manual option and enter the SSID Name of your Router. Wait for the wireless extender to connect with the wireless network of your Linksys router.
- Next select a wireless authentication method. Set it to WPA2 for Wireless security.
- In the Next step you need to enter the Password of your wireless network. This is the same password that you use for your Wi-fi at home. Make sure the password you enter is correct.
- Then Click Save settings and let your Linksys wireless range extender synchronize with your Linksys Router’s wireless network.
Once the setup process is complete, move the Linksys Range Extender to another Location in the house. Remember it should be within range of your wireless network.
If you have any issues or need addition support for troubleshooting any issues, feel free to contact us anytime. Our Linksys support team is always there to assist you with all your technical issues with Linksys devices.