1. Know more about the newest launch: RE6400 Boost EX Wi-Fi Linksys RaLinksys Range Extendernge
Newest on the block the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender is a Wireless-AC range extender from Linksys that functions on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies simultaneously. This enables you to repeat the wireless signal of any access point or router for offering internet connectivity to far-fetched areas through a wireless connection. In addition to this, the Linksys RE6400 can be optionally utilized as a wired range extender (Access Point mode) or a wireless linksys range extender (Range Extender mode).
2. What are the contents of the Linksys RE6400 package?
Well, you are likely to find the given items in the Linksys RE6400 package:
● Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender
● Quick Start Guide
● And, a Regulatory Information Booklet
3. What parts constitute the Linksys RE6400?
The Linksys RE6400 includes the following:
● Ports – One 10 / 100 / 1000 Gigabit ethernet port
● Number of Lights – Power / WPS, and ethernet (link / activity)
● Wi-Fi Protected SetupTM (WPS) button
● A Reset button
● Two antennas (non-detachable)
What is the significance of the lights in the Linksys RE6400 and what do they signify?
The significance of the lights on the Linksys RE6400 is:
Flickering Green/Yellow light – It describes the following: Starting up, resetting the factory defaults, upgrading firmware and WPS pairing.
Stable Green/Yellow – It is ready to be used
Stable Orange/Red – Ready to be used
Stable Orange/Red – Weaker connection with the router
Flickering Orange/Red – Unable to establish a connection to the router or other errors. For fixing this, check the internet connection and the Wi-Fi should be turned on. If the
Wi-Fi is good, then turn off the extender and shift it closer to the router. Plug it inside and wait for a minute and reconnect to the connection.
Ethernet light – Green – The ethernet device is connected and active. This light will blink when data is sent or received.
5. How long is the Linksys RE6400 under warranty?
The warranty period completely depends on the country where it has been purchased.
6. What all product requirements should be fulfilled for my Linksys RE6400?
You will need: A stable Wi-Fi, an AC power outlet, an Ethernet cable if using the Linksys RE6400 in Access Point mode. Also, for browser configuration you will need: an Internet Explorer® 8 or higher, Safari® 5.1 or higher, Google ChromeTM 25.0 or higher, Firefox® 20 or higher
7. What is the power rate for the Linksys RE6400?
The Linksys RE6400’s Internal AC / DC power supply ranges between 100-240 V, 0.5 A, 50 / 60 Hz.
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SETUP & INSTALLATION
1. What do you need for setting up the Linksys RE6400? Before undertaking the task, you will need: a stable Wi-Fi, existing Wi-Fi name and password, a computer with a supported browser or a mobile and an ethernet cable if setting up the Linksys RE6400 in Access Point mode.
3. Can the Linksys RE6400 be installed with a smart mobile device?
Yes it can be.
4. What default IP address and password should be used to log in to the Linksys RE6400? LInksys
Generally, the default IP address of the Linksys RE6400 is 192.168.1.1 and the passphrase is admin. Although, once the Linksys RE6400 has been connected to the current network, it will detect a DHCP server in your network, such as your Wi-Fi router. Then, the Wi-Fi router will automatically assign a different IP address to the range extender and manage it as a DHCP client which will lead to a change in the default IP address. In such circumstances, you can easily access the web-based setup page of the Linksys RE6400 just by entering “http://extender.linksys.com” in the Address bar or its friendly name “http://RE6400-xxx” or “http://RE6400-xxx.local” for macOS®, where xxx are generally the last three characters of the MAC address.
6. Should setup software be installed on my computer?
7. How should one reset the RE6400 ?
In order to reset, press and hold the Reset button of your Linksys RE6400 for a time duration of 10 seconds. This will reset the range extender to its factory defaults.
8. Can the Linksys RE6400 also extend the 5 GHz network of my existing dual-band router?
Yes it can. The Linksys RE6400 generally extends both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network of dual-band routers automatically once it has been set up.
9. What are the two common setup modes of the Linksys RE6400?
The Linksys RE6400 can generally be set up in two modes that are:
● One the Wired Range Extender Access Point mode (needs an ethernet cable connected to the existing network)
● And, Wireless Range Extender mode
10. How can I identify what mode the Linksys RE6400 is operating in?
It isn’t difficult to identify all you gotta do is after linksys extender setup, access the Linksys RE6400’s web-based setup page to view the updated top header name.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the Linksys RE6400 is operating in the Access Point mode, the top header will read Dual Band Wireless Access Point. While if it is in the Range Extender mode, the top header will read Dual Band Wireless Range Extender.
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE
1. How can I upgrade the firmware of the Linksys RE6400?
For this, usually there are two ways to upgrade the Linksys extender: Auto-upgrade or manually upgrading the file.
KNOW MORE ABOUT WIRELESS CONNECTION & SECURITY
1. What Wi-Fi security modes are supported by the Linksys RE6400?
The modes supported by the Linksys RE6400 are:
● The Range Extender mode supports WEP (64-bit / 128-bit), WPA2-Personal, and Mixed Mode.
● On the other hand, Access Point mode supports WPA2TM Personal and WPA2 / WPATM Mixed Mode.
2. What Wi-Fi connection standards and frequencies comply with the Linksys RE6400?
The Linksys RE6400 works in tandem with 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11a, and 802.11ac standards. It also supports the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies simultaneously too.
3. What is the maximum Data Rate speed for every band?
Generally, the maximum Data Rate speed for the 2.4 GHz band is 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps for the 5 GHz band.
4. What is the default Wi-Fi name for the Linksys RE6400?
The default Wi-Fi name for the Linksys RE6400 is Linksys Extender Setup – xxx, where xxx are the last three characters of the MAC address.
5. Is simultaneous dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) supported by the Linksys RE6400?
6. What is the meaning of Cross Band technology and does my Linksys RE6400 support it?
Yes, the Linksys RE6400 actively supports the Cross Band technology. This technology aids in maximizing simultaneous use of both bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) for high speed data transfer and seamless streaming and gaming.
7. Where should I find the MAC address of my range extender for Wireless MAC Filtering?
For finding the wireless MAC address of the range extender in its web-based setup page you should go to Status > WLAN Statistics > Extender MAC address.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The MAC address printed at the back of the extender is valid for the ethernet port and NOT the wireless radio.
8. Can the Wi-Fi name my extender is broadcasting be changed?
Yes. The Extended Wireless Settings feature of your Linksys RE6400 helps in doing this.
9. How should I check if the Linksys RE6400 is connected to the current Wi-Fi?
For checking if the Linksys RE6400 is connected to the network, you should access the range extender’s web-based setup page and then click WLAN Statistics under Status and finally check the Network Name (SSID). Your Wi-Fi name will be displayed.
10. I have multiple Wi-Fi routers or access points in my network, how can I know which access point / Wi-Fi router my extender is connected to currently?
For knowing which access point your Linksys RE6400 is connected to, you should access the range extender’s web-based setup page. There, you should click the WLAN Statistics under Status then check the AP MAC address section. Register this address as this is the access point where the Linksys RE6400 is connected to.
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SPECIAL FEATURES
1. Can multiple wireless devices connect to the Linksys RE6400 like my router or access point?
Yes, the Linksys RE6400 plays the role of an extension to the router or access point so you can connect multiple devices to it.
2. Are external antennas included in the Linksys RE6400?
Yes, the Linksys RE6400 consists of two non-detachable antennas.