Due to the today environment we are currently experiencing an increased amount of support calls while we are operating at limited staff capacity to provide Linksys Official Support. Therefore, you may have to wait longer on hold as we are trying our best to cater to your needs and we are passionate to our work and professional to fulfill the customer requirements.
We understand that due to the pandemic many are currently operating from home and therefore the support needs have increased. However, keeping in view the recent developments due to environment situation we have made adjustments to our working hours. For the health safety of our staff we are currently available for select hours only, following the government regulations.
Therefore, we request you to be patient while we are doing our best to meet your support requirements. As you will probably be having a longer wait time, we request you to try the below quick self-help solutions.
Quick Self-help solutions from Linksys Official Support:
Linksys Quick Router setup
– Follow these for a quick Linksys Router Setup:
- Power ‘On’ Linksys router and use a computer or laptop to connect with the wireless network of Linksys router you can get Linksys Official Support.
- Open a web browser next and use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 for setup page.
- Login to setup page using default user ID and password for Linksys router.
- Go to wireless settings, set a new password and username for your Linksys router.
- Configure the other settings on Linksys router’s admin panel.
- Click save settings when you are done with router setup.
- Now you can connect your wifi devices to your Linksys wi-fi network or Linksys Range Extender.
Linksys router losing connection
If you are having sudden connection drop or internet not connecting issue on your Linksys router, try these solutions:
- Turn the power off for your Linksys router and turn the power back on after a few minutes. Now try accessing the internet and see if you face the same issue.
- Relocate the Linksys router to another place with stronger connection signals. Sometimes connection drop may happen if the router is placed in the wrong place with low signals.
- The issue could be from your Internet Service provider’s side. So, check the internet LED on your Linksys router. If the light is not on or glowing orange or red that means there’s an internet issue from ISP side. Contact your ISP regarding the issue.
- Update the Linksys router firmware as sometimes it just needs a Firmware update. It should work better after the update.
- If nothing else works, simply reset the Linksys router and perform setup. Still you are not getting the instructions go with Linksys Official Support.
Linksys router reset (Linksys Official Support)
If nothing is resolving your issue you should perform a reset for your Linksys Router. There should be a reset button on your Linksys Router. You need to press and hold this button for a few seconds. Let go of the reset button when the router starts the reset. Wait for reset to finish and then use default router login credentials for Linksys extender setup.
Linksys router firmware Update
For the firmware update, first you should go to the manufacturer’s website and check for the latest firmware update. If the update is available, download it and save it on the desktop. Then login to Linksys router’s GUI settings via your IP Address. Once you have logged in, go to firmware section and select the firmware update file. Then just wait for the Firmware update o finish and exit the router settings. Make sure to reboot the router after firmware update.
In case you are unable to resolve your issue by above tips or need support for any additional issues, get in touch with our technical team. You may reach us via live chat or schedule for a callback via email or through our Linksys Official support website.