Linksys Extender Blogs & FAQs
- Linksys Extender default administrator password – Default password is admin
- How to reset Linksys range extender?-Easiest way to reset is-
- Press and hold the reset button on the range extender for 10 seconds and release it.
- You can also try web-based reset. Access Linksys extender login page using extender.linksys.com. Go to Administration > Factory Defaults.
- What is the default IP address of the Linksys range extender? – Default IP address is 192.168.1.1
- How to use WPS on the Linksys extender and add clients? – Press WPS button on the Linksys extender for 3-4 seconds and do the same on the Client device. Wait for 5 minutes to establish secure connection.
- What is spot finder technology? – Spot finder helps you determines the best signal spot where you can plug your range extender.
- How to access extender.linksys.com login page? – To access Linksys extender login page you need to be connected to your Linksys wireless network and visit www.extender.linksys.com.
- My Wi-Fi is not being detected during Setup, what could be the problem? – By default, the Linksys RE9000 scans for the 5 GHz Wi-Fi to use as the backhaul connection for better performance. If you do not have a 5 GHz Wi-Fi (such as a dual-band wireless router or access point), then select the Choose 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band… option instead.
- Why am I experiencing poor signal or slow speed on my Linksys RE9000?- Be sure to place your Linksys RE9000 in an ideal location, as indicated by the Spot Finder technology (In Range Extender mode).
NOTE: When you move around your home, your wireless devices may not disconnect from the router until they lose Wi-Fi signal. This may occur even if the Wi-Fi signal from the Linksys RE9000 is stronger (and vice versa). If you are having connection issues, select the Wi-Fi with stronger signal.